SEO: Search Engine Optimization explained

Rene du Preez

SEO: Search Engine Optimization explained

Most marketers know that their website should have Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Yet a lot of marketers, business owners and managers can’t quite explain why.

DMM Title blog

DMM are proponents of great SEO since we know the impact this has on your website traffic results, and we would like to help you understand what SEO is and why it is so important. 

 

Have a question about SEO? Get in touch today

 

statistics-strategy-analysis-diagram-information-PZKEQ2WStatistics show that 51% of website traffic globally is from organic search results, and the other 49% combined is from advertising, social media, referral sites and other sources. Between 71% and 92% of search traffic clicks come from the first page of Google search results. If you are not on the first page of Google, you aren’t getting the traffic.
 
While some might still think SEO is only about keywords, it has evolved to be so much more nowadays. SEO involves a list of actions that comply with a specific set of rules to comply with in order to improve your rankings in search engine results. Quality content on the website is essential, as one of those components.
 

The best SEO practices on your website will help you:

  • Rank higher in Google organic search results
  • Get more website traffic
  • Get more qualified leads into your sales funnel
  • Improve your website user experience and usability
  • Improve your Google Ads Quality Score
  • Pay less per Google advert
  • Create opportunities for people to share your content on social media
  • Get a bigger online footprint besides your own website through links
  • Track your website results better
  • Ultimately improve your business’s profitability

How do you know if SEO is working?

The wonderful thing about SEO is that you can track the effects of your actions. At DMM we can set up your business’s metrics with customized specific goals and conversions in analytics, so it is easy to see the return on investment(ROI) for every dollar spent on Search Engine Optimization. Monthly reporting and access to Google Analytics and Google Console helps you to track improvements to the website and increases to the amount of traffic that is clicking through to your website.

 Need to come up with an SEO strategy? We can help

 
DMM has been working with Search Engine Optimization for over 12 years, and we have seen the nature of SEO change continuously during that time. Google makes over 600 changes to their search algorithms per year. That is a lot! In order to stay on the first page of Google organic search results, it is necessary to continually work on your SEO on-page and off-page to make sure you don’t disappear off the first page results.
 
DMM is a trained and qualified Google Partner. This means we are on top of the latest developments in search algorithms, we know what Search Engine Optimization actions to undertake on your website and we are able to interpret the reports for you in a way that will help you understand and improve your website results. Our aim is to always get you to your goal, and we can show the statistics to prove that our clients see the results.
 
DMM-Get-In-Touch-Button

 

 

 

Rene du Preez

AuthorRene du Preez

More posts by dmm